Thursday, April 26, 2012
Review: Aveda Invati Scalp Revitalizer
This may be a bit of an over share, but in the last several months I've been having issues with hair loss. You'd think that I'm a little premature to be dealing with balding right?!!?!
My doctor told me that hair balding (aka alopecia) can happen to anyone at sporadic times, and researchers have no idea what it causes it. She also said that it can be quite difficult to regenerate growth so she recommended me to a dermotologist for steroid injections. Ummmm yeah. Not really up my alley....
I decided I wanted to stick to more natural methods of improving hair growth so I purchased the Aveda Invati Scalp Revitalizer. I justified the very pricey cost of this product since coping with alopecia has been quite distressing, and spending money appeased my emotions. lol. But also it eased my mind knowing that I have a topical treatment that is easy to use and supposedly produces great results.
Anyway, on to the review:
- Firstly, let me say that I have noticed a substantial amount of regrowth on my bald spots, which is amazing! I'm not sure if it is due to this product alone as I have been doing other things to help with regrowth (like taking supplements and changing my birth control). But who cares, at least I'm doing something right and I'm sure this product has something to do with my success!
- Contains many great natural ingredients, like vitamin e, ginseng, turmeric, and ayurvedic herbs (herbs used in traditional medicine)
- I love the nozzle because it is sanitary, doesn't leak and it allows you to spray the product to specific areas which minimizes on waste. The rest of the packaging is nice and sturdy as well
- Smells very nice :)
- Very Expensive, I think my bottle was around 70$
- I'm sure you can go to the health food store and find cheaper, effective alternatives if you are willing to research it.
All in all, I really would recommend this product if you are in the market for hair growth products, and are willing to dish out the dough for it. It actually works, I am very impressed!
But if anyone has any other products they have been using for hair growth, or scalp care be sure to leave a comment and let me know!