Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Products that are all used up!

Don't you hate it when you go on a (several months long) shopping bender, and eventually accumulate a massive amount products that lie miscellaneously around the bedroom, bathroom, etc? My weakness tends towards buying conditioners, shampoos, moisturizers and body creams. I'm always curious about different brands, and I usually can use up these products much quicker than makeup, and there's usually always something on sale, so I guess that's how I justify my addiction.

Anyway I have made the conscious effort to stop the madness, work through what I own. I did a post a while ago about makeup items I'm trying to use up. Yeah. Still working on those. In the mean time I thought I'd share my thoughts on these other non-beauty items I've finished :

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser
 the body shop vitamin e cleanser review
I got this cleanser as part of a christmas gift set in 2010 (I know it's been a long time). It lurked around in the back of my bathroom drawer before I decided to show it some love. Now I must say that I was quite committed to using this as my daily cleanser because I was not very impressed with it. It basically does the job that cetaphil does, i.e. it is a very gentle cleanser that does not remove any makeup. I would say it is more moisturizing than cetaphil as it has the vitamin e. I don't really like that it leaves my skin feeling slightly oily, and the fragrance is a bit overpowering. I don't like any fragrance at all in my cleanser.

Overall: 5/10...Would I repurchase this? No.



John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curl-Perfecting Spray
 John Frieda Dream Curl Spray Review
I really like the John Frieda line, I think it's one of the top drug store brands in the hair department for sure. I don't have a ton to say about this product except that it does a fairly decent job of activating my waves (I know a lot of hair products don't actually do the job they intend to do). I wish the smell could be nicer though, but it isn't bad. I've done a hair tutorial with this product here.

Overall: 7/10...Would I repurchase this? Yes.








Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo
Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo ReviewWhen I saw Lush had a beer shampoo I just had to get it. I thought that was the most random thing ever because who wants to get their hair drunk :P. I also like how Lush has little mini bottles so you can test out a product without spending 20+ on something you don't know will work for you. Anyway I actually really liked this shampoo! You definitely can smell the stout, which might not be for everyone. But after I wash it out I get a lot of compliments on the smell of my hair. Also, a little product goes a long way and it works up a great lather. It is almost like a clarifying shampoo, but it is not stripping at all.

Overall: 7.5/10...Would I repurchase this? Yes.


Alaffia Virgin Coconut Body Cream
alaffia coconut body cream all natural review
I absolutely adore this all natural, multipurpose cream. I use it for everything, from my daily moisturizer, to treating dry patches of skin. It is a very rich, thick, slightly oily cream and has become a moisturizing holy grail for me, I've already gone through 3 jars. The coconut and vitamin C helps calm redness, especially if you have some active breakouts. My teenage sister uses this and says her acne and acne scars have noticeably calmed down from using this cream. My only complaint is that the packaging is glass so it is heavy to tote around. Other than that, I can't live without this product I love it so much.
Overall: 10/10... Would I repurchase this? Obviously yes.


Maybelline Define-a-Brow in dark brown
maybelline define-a-brow eyebrow pencil review
Hallelujah! This is one of the original items I wanted to finish up...and I did! Before I bought this pencil I used to be ghetto and just use the residue of my black gel liner mixed with some matte brown shadow and that did the trick. It still does, but a brow pencil is definitely more convenient. I like that the Define-a-brow is much more affordable, but it doesn't last as long as my gel liner method. I want to try out some higher quality pencils and I've heard good things about MAC and Lancome.

Overall: 6/10...Would I repurchase this? Maybe eventually, if I were feeling cheap.




I love the feeling of using an entire product up. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. Haha wow I am such a consumer. Anyways, I hope you guys found this useful!

xox

-Alma

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good moisturiser since ages. Really wanna try the coconut body cream. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete